The Secretary General of the Maltese Olympic Committee notifies that:–
Sealed proposals/expression of interest will be received at the offices of the Maltese Olympic Committee, National Swimming Pool Complex, Maria Teresa Spinelli street, Gzira, until Monday 10th March, 2014 for:-
Quot. No. 1/2014/Provision of Nutritional Supplements
Nutritional supplements are to be supplied to Elite athletes on the Maltese Olympic Committee ‘Elite Athletes Scheme’ and should at the minimum include a guarantee of freedom from doping agents as per WADA prohibited list, published every year. Certificates of products free from doping agents MUST be produced, copies of which are to be kept by the Maltese Olympic Committee.
Named branded products only are to be included, and only those originating/produced in the EU. A full list of ingredients of each product is to be supplied at time of quotation and at any other time during the span of the contract (if granted) when asked for by the Maltese Olympic Committee.
Tender/quotation/expression of interest should be addressed to the Director of Sport, Mario Micallef and be received by the MOC Secretariat.
All technical literature and information packs are to be delivered to the Maltese Olympic Committee Secretariat.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS REQUESTED BY THE MALTESE OLYMPIC COMMITTEE:
- Guarantee of freedom from doping agents as per WADA Prohibited List published every year. Certificates (copies) of products free from doping agents MUST be produced.
- Named branded products only are to be included, and only those originating/produced in the EU.
- A full list of products being offered is to be included, together with the ingredients in each product. Brands being offered MUST be specified and listed in proposal and eventually in contract.
- There will be a Voucher system in place; such vouchers are issued by the MOC to Elite Athletes, are to be used by same athletes ONLY, in exchange for nutritional supplements only, and to be eventually redeemed by supplier from the MOC.
- The supplier is to advise the percentage discount to be offered to the Maltese Olympic Committee on all products listed. Furthermore the supplier must advise the percentage discount to be offered to;
a) Elite athletes wishing to purchase more products in the proposed list beyond the value of the vouchers
b) Other MOC athletes outside the Elite Scheme wishing to purchase products in the proposed list.
- Vouchers (supplied by the MOC) will include the following:
Name of athlete
Date of validity of voucher
Value of voucher in Euros
Name and undiscounted price of each individual product taken by athlete listed (details to be filled-in by supplier
Signature of supplier
Signature of athlete
- To redeem the vouchers, the supplier will present invoices to the MOC, which must show the items supplied to the athlete, the cost of said items and the agreed discount to the MOC. All the vouchers to be redeemed are to be attached to the invoice.
- ONLY the listed branded (and guaranteed) products are to be offered to the athletes producing the MOC issued vouchers and any other MOC athletes.
- Continual/Regular availability of guaranteed products being offered.
- Any of the above mentioned discounts are to be made available upon written proof by the Director of Sport of the Maltese Olympic Committee.
- A provision of information on nutrition and use of supplements by athletes, in the form of a once yearly seminar.
- Any other further/additional benefit that supplier would like to provide.
Mario Micallef Dr Lucienne Attard
Director of Sport Director of Medical Services
Maltese Olympic Committee Maltese Olympic Committee