Local Council Awards
The Maltese Olympic Committee, through its annual Sports Awards Gala, rewards those Local Councils who have contributed towards the development and promotion of sports within their locality.
Local Councils are nominated and considered for the Maltese Olympic Committee Sports Awards through their efforts in hosting, organising or contributing towards:-
- Sporting activities in the locality, including those hosted or organised by schools in the area;
- Seminars and informative sessions about sport and physical fitness;
- Providing assistance to sporting clubs, federations and associations in their locality;
- Construction or refurbishment of new and existing sporting facilities
- Construction of monuments with a sports theme