The Maltese Olympic Committee (MOC) is pleased to offer accreditation for the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games (24 July 2020 – 9 August 2020) to:
- One Journalist (Category E) defined (by Tokyo 2020) as: a Journalist, Editor, Photographic editor, employed or contracted by an International or National news agency, a general daily newspaper, a sports newspaper, magazine or internet site; a digital journalist, or freelance journalist under contract.
- One Photographer (Category EP): defined (by Tokyo 2020) as: Photographer meeting the same criteria as for item 1.
The following table outlines the venue and zone access, seating and transport privileges granted to press categories at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
1. The MOC can offer the accreditation to the Tokyo 2020 competitions;
2. The Media persons will be responsible for all expenses, including, but not limited to flights, accommodation, subsistence etc.;
3. The selected photographer and journalist will be bound to cover all Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games activities, events and competitions where Maltese athletes are competing and will give the right to the MOC to use such articles and photographs as they deem fit, including sharing on the MOC’s digital channels and other media channels;
4. The selected photographer and journalist will be free to distribute related material to other entities at the same time that such material is also given to the MOC;
5. Whilst the photographer will be the owner of the material gathered at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, they will be required to provide the MOC with copies of the material taken by the accredited person, particularly in relation to Maltese athletes competing at these Games. Credit will be given accordingly;
6. The selected photographer will be expected to offer his Services to the MOC at no charge for events relating to the run up of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games and the Games of the Small States of Europe 2023 being hosted in Malta;
The MOC is inviting interested persons who meet the required criteria to register their interest by 20 December 2019 via email to [email protected]
A brief CV and/or portfolio should accompany the said application.
The MOC reserves the right to call applicants for a short interview.