The Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC)
World Beach Games is a global multi-sport event that was created and launched by ANOC in 2015. It is also unique, as the only truly global festival of youth-centric beach, water and action sports, created specifically for the benefit of the NOCs and their athletes.
ANOC strives to protect and advance the collective interests of the world’s NOCs by delivering an unprecedented level of assistance and support. Through the ANOC Council and ANOC Commissions, ANOC aims to find solutions to the most important issues facing the NOCs and ensure that they are kept at the very forefront of the Olympic Movement’s agenda.
In order to ensure that NOC interests are represented across the Olympic Movement, ANOC has representatives in:
- IOC Commissions, in particular in the Coordination Commissions for Olympic Games
- The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS)
- The International Council of Arbitration for Sport (ICAS)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
ANOC also aims to strengthen the relationships between the NOCs and the Olympic Family for the benefit of the entire Olympic Movement. By facilitating and opening up new dialogue, ANOC is committed to forging more productive and collaborative working relationships between NOCs and International Federations (IFs) in particular.